Researchers: Carlos Conca, Jorge San Martín, Raúl Manásevich, and Jaime Ortega.
Scientists: Raúl Gormaz, Rodrigo Lecaros and Fabián Medel.
Engineers: Mario Fernández, Gustavo Soto, Daniel Neira, Jorge Prado, and Iván Rojas.
This area is focused on providing scientific decision-making support for mining companies. This includes improvement of mining production, development of technologies in security and viability studies for new mineral pits. For example, mathematical modeling and development of computational tools are being used to control risks and unusual phenomena involved in certain production processes.
Some featured projects:
- Real-time mining for planning, logistics and risk analysis
- Bacterial bioleaching
- “Smart jacket” for risk monitoring and risk controls.
- Geosis: Simulation and visualization software of seismic activity
- Prediction models of landslides and slope collapse
- New technology for tailing of mining operations
- Underground mine collapses modelling
- Rock masses study by seismic waves
- Shift scheduling of trains in mining